Slow Fashion Resources
We will be building out this part of our site and updating links to articles, events and businesses we find noteworthy. Please feel free to email us any suggestions you’d like us to consider.
Books & Reading
- Dress Code: The Naked Truth About Fashion, by Mari Grinde Arntzen
- Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion by Elizabeth Cline
- Fashion Made Fair by Ellen Kohrer and Magdalena Schaffrin
- Fashion is Spinach by Elizabeth Hawes
- Fashion & Sustainability: Design for Change by Kate Fletcher and Lynda Grose
- The Worn Archive: A Fashion Journal About the Art, Ideas, and History of What we Wear by Serah-Marie McMahon
- Modified Style Portland Fashion Show, June 22, 2017
- Modified Style is a non-profit working to promote sustainable fashion. Learn more about MSP here.
Businesses Doing Good
- We will be working on compiling a list of designers and manufacturers practicing slow fashion in their work. Stay tuned!