Slow Fashion Resources
We will be building out this part of our site and updating links to articles, events and businesses we find noteworthy. Please feel free to email us any suggestions you’d like us to consider.
Books, Reading and News
- Dress Code: The Naked Truth About Fashion, by Mari Grinde Arntzen
- Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion by Elizabeth Cline
- Fashion Made Fair by Ellen Kohrer and Magdalena Schaffrin
- Fashion is Spinach by Elizabeth Hawes
- Fashion & Sustainability: Design for Change by Kate Fletcher and Lynda Grose
- The Worn Archive: A Fashion Journal About the Art, Ideas, and History of What we Wear by Serah-Marie McMahon
- Wear & Tear series on The World from PRI, explores the fashion industry from multiple perspectives.
- Showcase Ireland, the country's Creative Expo for international buyers, has given front stage exposure to what they are calling "MADE/Slow," a selection of designers' products made responsibly. Read on, here and here.
- Modified Style Portland Fabric Drive, March, 2018!
- We're collecting clean, apparel fabric for use in the 2018 MSP charity fashion show. They are able to accept pieces of at least (preferably) a yard in size, and when you bring in a bag of goodies, we'll give you a 20% off coupon for your next purchase!
- Modified Style is a non-profit working to promote sustainable fashion. Learn more about MSP here.
Businesses Doing Good
- We will be working on compiling a list of designers and manufacturers practicing slow fashion in their work. Stay tuned!
- Know a designer who should be featured here, let us know.