UPDATE: We are no longer conducting interviews for this position. If you would like us to consider you for future openings, please feel free to leave a resume at the store or email one to us. Thanks for your interest!
Join the Bolt team!
We are looking for someone to join our team this summer. The position would start in June, with approximately 10 hours / week through July/mid-August. Schedule starting around mid-August would be Friday-Monday, approximately 20-25 hours / week. Benefits available depending on regular hours worked.
Please review the job description and requirements and let us know if you think you’d be a good fit! We'd also love some help in spreading the word. Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com, with sewing experience included.
Sales associate extraordinaire is responsible for working with customers, answering questions, cutting fabric, advising on patterns and various sewing projects, keeping the store neat and tidy, inventory management and sales transactions.
Qualified applicants will:
· Have knowledge of sewing and fabric—specifically apparel sewing, quilting knowledge is a bonus
· Provide stellar customer service. This means being kind, helpful, honest, thorough, acting with integrity, and having respect for all.
· Be detail oriented. This pertains to measuring and cutting fabric precisely, ringing up transactions correctly, and noticing details needing attention around the store.
· Be able to multi-task. There are times we need to juggle customers and activities and work quickly and keep various details in our heads.
· Be comfortable with numbers. This is a numbers job! Must be able to help calculate yardage for a wide range of projects, as well as add and convert fractions.
· Be able to work successfully in a team environment as well as independently. Be kind and cooperative with your coworkers as well as self-directed.
· Be comfortable with social media. Be able to contribute to our blog and Instagram on a regular basis.
· Be able to lift 25-30 pounds regularly, and on your feet forthe majority of a 6 to 8 hour shift.
· Work weekends! This is a Friday through Monday schedule.
Bolt is a fun, dynamic environment with the best customers ever. It’s a creative environment that demands hard work.